RO – How important is the remineralization filter?
Saying you have drinking water from an RO filter gives many people somewhat a sense of security of health. What does one mean when they say pure drinking water? It definitely does not mean completely pure water with just hydrogen and oxygen. Many people believe that water free of any chemical, residual, mineral and contaminant is pure and safe drinking water. Even though it is true to an extent, it is not necessarily healthy for us.
A water free from every mineral, contaminant, chemical, microorganisms, TDS, and sediments is high purity water. This water is used in research labs for the purpose of research in chemicals. This water does not have any ions or electrolytes to make it an ideal solvent for experiments. However, the same water cannot be used for drinking because of lack of minerals and electrolytes. If done, it can be harmful to an extent, leading to death.
Scientists have proven it over and over again that water especially the one we drink is a carrier of various minerals that are actually beneficial to human health. What are these minerals? These are mainly lead, calcium and magnesium which are present in huge quantities in our water supply. And even though we get a good dose of these minerals from organic sources, here is how drinking water minerals and salts help you grow.
- A drinking water with a higher percentage of minerals in it has proven to decrease the chances of cancer and heart diseases. In U.S. alone a good 10-25% decrease in cancer deaths was reported.
- Though these are not the only source of minerals in our body, the inorganic sources, at consumption, assure a low risk of mineral deficiency like lead and magnesium.
- Although the presence of these minerals in higher amounts are not advisable as they can cause various problems, a properly purified water will have to have a decent level of these minerals.
- When we consume water with less or no minerals, the body tries to compensate for the less amount of mineral received by taking out minerals from body tissues. However, this ends up creating a bigger problem than before and does not allow our body to function properly.
- In many countries, it was found that the lack of minerals in water leads to many mineral deficient diseases in people including magnesium and lead.